Do you exercise? That’s awesome, good for you!
Do you drink that pasteurized sugar-juice when you’re done to “restore electrolytes” and whatever other garbage you’ve been told? It’s effective, and tastes like toxic waste, eh? So . . . PROCESSED! Shudder.
We can help you out, you know. If you’re looking to recover your energy stores after a workout, big or small, regular or one-off, our real-fruit strawberry banana smoothies have everything the average athlete needs; carbs, fibre, and good, old-fashioned H2O!
For an extra boost, though, with some protein, and just savoury goodness, try this strawberry banana smoothie recipe on for size; it will fill your post-workout hunger gap with nothing but nutrition, without sacrificing taste. The dash of salt brings out the almondy-goodness in this blend!
Strawberry, Banana, and Almond Butter Smoothie
- 1 pouch Blender Boyz Strawberry Banana Smoothie Mix
- 1 cup ice
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup water (or to desired smoothness)
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all of the ingredients except the salt in a blender and process until smooth.
- Season with salt and serve.