Each fruit contains different minerals and vitamins, so it’s advisable to have a variety. Most fruits are natural laxatives that help regulate your digestive process. They provide fiber and roughage that are vital in helping your body eliminate waste. One of the best and most delicious ways of getting these amazing health benefits is to include real fruit smoothies in your daily diet.
Below are some common fruits you could easily throw into real fruit smoothies (and most of them can often be found in Blender Boyz smoothie mixes, making the process even simpler!):
- Bananas: They have a high content of potassium, which aids heart function. Bananas also help regenerate your cells, organs and bones. Moreover, they contain Vitamin C, which reduces the negative impact of aging.
- Apples: For extra fiber in your real fruit smoothies, include apples. Fiber keeps your digestive system working efficiently.
- Oranges: The main benefit of oranges is the high content of Vitamin C. This fruit wards off inflammation of the body and protects the heart. Just one orange a day helps lower the risk of heart disease. An added benefit is that the natural oil in oranges keeps skin looking fresh and young.
- Strawberries: Enjoyment and nutrition go hand-in-hand when you make real fruit smoothies with strawberries. This fruit promotes healthy gums and teeth, and also helps heal wounds. Strawberries are rich in folic acid, which boosts cell function and tissue growth.
- Pineapples: Pineapple is a high-energy density fruit that’s great to add to your list of frozen beverages if you’re trying to lose weight. You’ll want to eat less because of the high content of fiber, which provides a feeling of fullness.